Syntanic regions

Mike Mitchell m.mitchell at icrf.icnet.uk
Wed May 10 13:59:55 EST 2000

In article <39189D0F.2A61787 at bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca>, Ahmed Fadiel
<afadiel at bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would appreciate if someone help me finding how is the syntanic
> regions are found.
> In other words:
> I have a human genomic sequence, what is the method by which I can
> define syntenic regions (say between mouse and human).
> I need the method and the algorithm (to build my own tool).
> Thank you all in a advance.
>
> Ahmed

Have you tried visiting the NCBI's website:

   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Homology/

They have a lot of information about mouse/human synteny, the original
paper
was:

DeBry, R. W. and M. F. Seldin. 1996. Human/mouse homology relationships.
Genomics 33, 337-351.

And the chap to contact is Michael F. Seldin, the URL above has his
contact details at the bottom.

--
Michael Mitchell                 "Smoke me a kipper,
User Support                  I'll be back for breakfast."