Palindromic sequences

Stuart Brown browns02 at mcrcr.med.nyu.edu
Mon Mar 29 22:39:30 EST 1999

In article <7dfn70$m6i$1 at news.nyu.edu>, "Tao Tong"
<tongt01 at endeavor.med.nyu.edu> wrote:

> > Is there a program that will detect full and partial pallindromes within
> > a given DNA sequence.

There is a rather nasty but free UNIX/VMS program called Overseer that will
do the job for you.  It is available from the EMBL software archive:

<http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biocat/Searching_databases.html>

I am currently working on web interface to this program.  I will post a message
to the group when it is done.

Also, the GCG program STEMLOOP will find inverted repeats with gaps between
them.

--
Stuart M. Brown
Bioinformatics Consultant