Proteins & Datastructures

Peter Shenkin shenkin at still3.chem.columbia.edu
Mon Feb 17 16:02:08 EST 1997

Jeffrey Taylor wrote:

> I don't know of any protein specific programming books but I can tell you a few
> things to get you started.  There are two basic ways that proteins structure
> data can be represented.  One way is simply a list (array) of XYZ cartesian
> coordinates representing the atom postitions.  A second method often used is
> a system of "internal" coordinates....

Also, folks should be aware of the ASN.1-based Biostruct and Modelstruct
definitions NCBI has come up with.  This promises to be much more useful
than the pdb file format, and the entire pdb is available in this format
now.

	-P.

--
** Religion is OK, if practiced behind closed doors by consenting adults
**