Partial Correlations

skillian at globalcom.net skillian at globalcom.net
Sat Jul 15 23:48:55 EST 1995

     I have been using partial correlations in allergy research and need to
know the following....   What is the difference between a negative significant

correlation and the absence of a correlation?  It seems that partial
correlations are not used very much.  They are not included in my statistics
books, but perhaps my level of study is just too elementary to include partial
correlations.
    Our study was designed by a biostatistician, but he is now in South
America and not easily accessible.
    I would appreciate e-mail from any statistician who works regularly with
partial correlations and can answer my questions.
    Thank You.
    Sue Killian