texts on nonlinear sys. modeling for physiologists

christopher.del.negro at Info.UCLA.EDU christopher.del.negro at Info.UCLA.EDU
Wed Apr 19 18:02:13 EST 1995

I am interested in constructing low dimensional models of oscillation and
damped oscillation to complement my cellular recordings from sensory
afferents in the brainstem. I have been able to use Koch and Segev's 1988
"neuronal modelling" book and it has been helpful.  however I would like
to know more general principles of nonlinear modeling of oscillation and
damped oscillation and simply CANNOT find a book that speaks my language,
that of a mathematically interested but not yet sophisticated physiologist.
Perhaps someone could recomend a favorite volume or something to help me
make headway into the mathematics and modelling.

thank you, christopher del negro (izzy053 at mvs.oac.ucla.edu)