Biological Neural Networks and Robotics research in Florida?

Ashley Aitken ashley at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 8 21:31:32 EST 1994

G'day,

I am interested in finding out about research labs in the region around Miami
and Orlando which are actively researching in neural networks or cognitive
science. In particular, but not exclusively, I am interested in research on
biological neural networks, the philosophy of connectionism and mind, and neural
networks used in robotics.

My own research is in the computational neuroscience and neuroethology of the
cerebral neocortex.  I am investigating the operation of the cerebral neocortex
and how it relates to higher brain function and human behaviour.

If you are doing such research, or know of any labs that are, I would be most
grateful if you E-MAIL me any details (ie names, locations, and e-mail address-
es). If there is enough interest I will post a summary.

Thanks in advance,
Ashley Aitken.

--
E-MAIL  ashley at cse.unsw.edu.au			  	    (Inter/AAR)Net

POSTAL	Academic Address:			Residential Address:
	Schools of EE and CS&E, (AI Lab)	c/o Basser College, (Flat 7A)
	University of New South Wales,		The Kensington Colleges,
	Box 1,PO KENSINGTON,N.S.W.,2033,	Box 24,PO KENSINGTON,3033.
	AUSTRALIA.				AUSTRALIA.
	Ph. (02) 697-3940 Fx. (02) 663-4576	Ph. Aust (02) 663-8117