The deadline of abstract submission, May 1st, for the 17th International
Conference on the Cell and Molecular Biology of Chlamydomonas
(Chlamy2016) is approaching!
Please visit the following website.
because the detail information on Chlamy2016 is weekly updated.
You are now invited to attend the 17th International Conference on the
Cell and Molecular Biology of Chlamydomonas, June 26 - July 1, 2016 at
the Kyoto International Conference Center in Kyoto, Japan.
Two keynote lectures by Dr. Michel Goldschmidt-Clermont (Univ. of
Geneva) and Dr. George Witman (Univ. of Massachusetts Medical School)
are scheduled on the first day.
Because the submitted abstracts are not open to public but available
only to the attendee, all the presenters are encouraged to discuss their
research activities including unpublished data.
This conference covers the following research topics not only in the
model green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, but also wide variety of
algae including Volvox, Chlorella, Euglena, Phaeodactylum, and
- Algal biotechnology, Biofuel, Metabolism,
- Emerging technology, Genome editing,
- Flagella assembly, structure, transport, motility, Basal bodies,
- Photosynthesis, Photosystems, Carbon acquisition,
- Light perception and responses, Chloroplast, Mitochondria, Golgi, -
Stress sensing, Acclimation, Cell signaling,
- Sexual reproduction, Circadian rhythm, Cell cycle, Development,
- Evolution, Chlamydomonadales / Volvocales,
- Omics and System biology.
Looking forward to seeing you at this exciting conference at Kyoto.
Hideya Fukuzawa (KYOTO Univ., Japan)
Yuichiro Takahashi (OKAYAMA Univ., Japan)
Jun Minagawa (NIBB, Japan)
P.S. Thank you for your sympathy on issues of the earthquake and
melt-down in Japan. Fortunately Kyoto is now full of visitors for