[Chlamydomonas] using a -150degC freezer for cryopreservation

Purton, Saul via chlamy%40net.bio.net (by s.purton from ucl.ac.uk)
Wed Dec 11 08:30:03 EST 2013

Dear all,

Following  Xenie's question below, I would welcome any comment, or feedback of experience with Life Technologies' new cryopreservation kit:

http://www.lifetechnologies.com/uk/en/home/life-science/protein-expression-and-analysis/protein-expression/algae-engineering-kits/cryopreservation-kit-algae.html

We are just about to invest in a new liq N2 storage facility, but if long-term storage of Chlamy at -80oC is indeed feasible, then this would be a significant advance.

Best wishes,

Saul

Dr Saul Purton
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology
Darwin Building
University College London
Gower Street
London