[Chlamydomonas] Chlamy RNA extraction for transcriptome analysis

Martha Valiadi via chlamy%40net.bio.net (by valiadi from evolbio.mpg.de)
Tue Aug 6 08:54:45 EST 2013

Dear all,

I've just started working with Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. I want to do RNA-seq and I was wondering if anyone has a good RNA extraction protocol for this purpose. I've so far used the RNeasy plant kit and QIAzol with disruption by TissueLyzer with and without glass beads, by heat or with nothing. With no disruption before lysis the cells don't break and with the other disruption methods the RIN values are a bit low.  I would be grateful for any suggestions!

Many thanks,
Martha

--
Dr. Martha Valiadi
Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology