[Chlamydomonas] how to limit growth?

Seppe Kuehn via chlamy%40net.bio.net (by skuehn from mail.rockefeller.edu)
Mon Jan 5 15:03:55 EST 2009

We are looking for a protocol for growing Chlamydomonas Reinhardtii
under phototrophic conditions where the final cell density is limited
to ~10^5 cells/mL.  We would like to do this without adversely
effecting motility, metabolism, or overall health of the culture.
We are currently working with the UTEX 2244 (mt+) strain (also known
as CC-125) but are open to using other strains if necessary.  Thus
far Sager's medium has worked best for our application so a simple
modification to this medium that limits final cell density would be
ideal.  Thank you!