Experiment with Peroxisomes

Layne Kruse kruse_7 at msn.com
Fri Mar 29 17:50:43 EST 2002

I am currently underway preparing for an experiment dealing with the
peroxisomes in chlamydomonas reinhardtii. I need to know what
substances chlamydomonas break down in their peroxisomes. More
specifically, I need a substance in my experiment in which I can put
that substance into the water where the chlamydomonas are. This
stress on the chlamydomonas would cause the enzymes in the
peroxisomes to break down that substance using the available oxygen.
In the end, my goal is to use this substance to control the amount of
oxygen in the air by the way of the peroxisomes. I am hoping to get
any ideas for a substance that fits this profile. Cheaper substances
would be more convenient although price does not matter at this point.

Robert Kruse