immunofluorescence

jbaca at email.arizona.edu jbaca at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 18 17:09:49 EST 2002

I am doing immunofluorescence using an antibody against acetylated tubulin.
However, I am having trouble lysing the cells and getting rid of the
chlorophyll.
Right now I am using a 0.5% saponin solution (also contains 30 mM PIPES,25
mM KCl, 5 mM MgSO4, and 12% hexylene glycol). Ideally, I would
also like to still have the eyespot intact so I could see the association
between the rootlet and eyespot. Could anyone offer any advice?
Please email me directly at:
jbaca at u.arizona.edu

Jacque Baca
University of Arizona