measuring photorespiration with phenylhydrazine

Kensaku Suzuki suzuki at affrc.go.jp
Thu Feb 18 10:16:07 EST 1999

I think it convenient to measure the rate of glycolate excretion in the
presence of 1 or 2 mM aminooxyacetic acid, at least for the wild type
strains of Chlamydomonas reindardtii.  For details, check papers such
as:

Tolbert, N.E., Harrison, M. and Selph, N. (1983) Plant Physiol. 72:
1075-1083.
Yokota, A. and Kitaoka, S. (1987) Planta 170:181-189.

Hope it helps.

Kensaku Suzuki              |  E-mail: suzuki at affrc.go.jp
Plant Eco-Physiol Lab       |          suzuki at tnaes.affrc.go.jp
Tohoku Natl Agric Expt Stn  |  Phone:  +81 19 643 3467
Morioka 020-0123, Japan     |  FAX:    +81 19 641 7794