Interpreting cosmid overlaps with acedb

Curtis Loer cloer at acusd.edu
Mon Aug 25 16:17:22 EST 1997

I am interested in a predicted gene that seems to be at one end of a
sequenced cosmid, perhaps even extending from one cosmid to the next
adjacent. If I want to pick a good cosmid to inject for mutant rescue, how
can I tell with acedb which cosmid will have the ORF lying more-or-less in
the center instead of at the extreme of one end? Obviously the graphic
representation of overlap in acedb is inadequate; could someone help me
with interpreting the fingerprinting info to pick a few good cosmids?
Thanks.

Curtis M. Loer
Dept. of Biology
University of San Diego