dpy-20

Piali Sengupta piali at VOLEN.CCS.BRANDEIS.EDU
Sat Aug 2 17:18:30 EST 1997

Hello -

        I would much appreciate advice about a problem that I've been
having using dpy-20 as a coinjection marker. I've been injecting this at 25
ng/ul to rescue the ts dpy-20 allele. I do get many rescued F1s but out of
those, only very few transmitting 'lines'. 'Lines' - because these have
very few rescued dpy-20 animals, making them virtually useless. Should I be
using higher/lower concentrations to inject? I basically need another
coinjection marker to use in injecting into strains already carrying
integrated WT lin-15 DNA. I would prefer something non-neuronal and that
allows animals to move well (so rol-6 is out). Another dominant marker
would be great, but I'll settle for a usable recessive marker as well. For
technical reasons, I would much rather not use a GFP marker either.

        Thanks for any input...

Piali