I would like to use the Tc1 STS mapping strategy for mapping mutants.
Therefore a few questions to get up to date.
1. Is there a common source for the primers now?
2. Has anyone extended the original set of markers provided by Ben Williams
and coworkers, e.g. included some of the newly mapped Tc1 sites from the
3. Is the map position of the markers in the methods books up to date or
has the position of any of the markers changed since then. (Are the
insertion points in Acedb? I couldn't find them.)
4. Has anyone changes/improvements for the procedure?
5. What are typical problems/critical parameters in newly implementing this
Out of curiosity: Why the markers are spaced so closely that you need to
run a acrylamid gel to separate them?
Thanks for your help.
Harald Hutter Hedgecock lab
Johns Hopkins University
Department of Biology
Room 7, Mudd Hall phone +1 410 516 8381
3400 N. Charles Street fax +1 410 516 5213
Baltimore, MD 21218, USA email hutter at jhuvms.hcf.jhu.edu