[Bionews] Training course in data analysis for transcriptomics

Heather Vincent via bionews%40net.bio.net (by heather.vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Tue Jun 10 07:40:57 EST 2014

At the University of Manchester, UK, we have over 15 years experience in
running professional development courses in digital biology.  This year
we introduced a new course in Advanced Sequence Analysis, using Galaxy.
  This course proved to be very popular, with some students requesting
additional exercises in sequence analysis using R.  These exercises are
now being added one of the courses running next semester,
'Bioinformatics for transcriptomics'.
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/transcriptomics.html).
  Students will use R/Bioconductor to compare the methods for analysis
of data from Affymetrix microarrays and Illumina sequencers.  If you
have any questions about this course, please contact
heather.vincent from manchester.ac.uk.

You will find links to details of all our online courses here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html  To apply, please
mail our office for Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).