[Bionews] Distance course in Computational Systems Biology

Heather Vincent via bionews%40net.bio.net (by heather.vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Mon Jun 17 03:35:07 EST 2013

At the University of Manchester  we run a range of distance training
courses for biologists and computer scientists.  The courses include big
data analytics and modelling for the life sciences.  One of our next
courses, beginning in October 2013, will be Computational Systems
Biology.  This course will cover :

	mathematical representations of metabolic networks;
	simulation of the dynamics of metabolic models;
     	analysis of the structural properties of metabolic networks;
     	analysis of the steady state control properties of the networks;
     	calibration of the models;
     	operation and interoperation of software for systems biology.

You will find links to details of all our online courses here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

If you have any questions about the programme, please contact
heather.vincent from manchester.ac.uk. To apply, please mail our office for
Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).