The Bioinformatics distance learning course server at the University of
Manchester has now been closed down until 5 January 2000.
The next course to be offered will be Bioinformatics 1, starting on 14
February 2000. This module falls into two parts. During each of the
first six weeks, a taught section of the course will be covered. These
sections are :
1. Introduction to Bioinformatics and the Internet
2. Sequence databases
3. Sequence alignment and database searches
4. Sequencing projects and contig analysis
5. Protein function prediction
6. Protein structure prediction
During the second six weeks, participants will work under the guidance
of a course tutor on an individual project. The module fee for
1999/2000 is £450.
Further information on Distance Learning in Bioinformatics will be
available at http://18.104.22.168:8900 from 5 January 2000, or from
Heather.Vincent at man.ac.uk.