Announcement: PSYCHE & Psyche-D

x91007 at pitvax.xx.rmit.edu.au x91007 at pitvax.xx.rmit.edu.au
Tue May 30 12:51:11 EST 1995

SUBSCRIBE PSYCHE-L YourFirstName YourLastName

You will be automatically added to the PSYCHE-L distribution list
and will be sent plain ASCII versions of the journal as they are
published. There is also a Web version of the journal check out:

http://psyche.cs.monash.edu.au/

To unsubscribe simply send the message: UNSUBSCRIBE PSYCHE-L

To subscribe to PSYCHE-D, a discussion list based around the themes
of the journal send the following message to <listserv at iris.rfmh.org>:

SUBSCRIBE PSYCHE-D YourFirstName YourLastName

To unsubscribe send the message: UNSUBSCRIBE PSYCHE-D

GUIDELINES FOR POSTING TO PSYCHE-D

When posting to Psyche-D please keep in mind the following points:

1. The basic aim of the list is to encourage discussion and the
exchange of information on research on consciousness in cognitive
science, neuroscience, philosophy, and other relevant disciplines in
the sciences and humanities; with the aim of understanding the nature,
function, and underlying mechanisms of consciousness.

2. The list is moderated. Messages will not be automatically forwarded
back to the list. Think of this as a letter column in some newspaper or
magazine. Only letters that have something fairly substantial to say
will be forwarded on to the group. This is not to say I will not post
messages that I disagree with, rather that all messages need to be
argued well.

3. Please include the following information in all messages: subject
header; name and email address at the bottom; when quoting research
include references. Paragraphs should not be indented; please leave a
space between each paragraph. Try to avoid quoting other messages too much.

4. To avoid a flood of email a limit of 10 messages per day will be
forwarded onto the list.

5. While I would like to respond directly to every writer who's posting
I reject I simply do not have time. If you message does not appear
within 48 hours there is a high probability that it has been rejected
for one or more of the reasons listed above. Please feel free to
contact me if you feel a posting of yours has been inappropriately
rejected.

Patrick Wilken
patrickw at cs.monash.edu.au