NCGR ANNOUNCES NEW WEB SERVER
The National Center for Genome Resources in Santa Fe, NM is pleased
to announce the availability of a new WWW server for genome-related
information. The URL for this server is:
This server currently includes pages for both the Genome Sequence Data
Base (GSDB) and SIGMA (System for Integretated Genome Map Assembly).
The Genome Sequence Data Base pages provide:
- DNA sequence entry retrieval and SQL-based queries. Entries retrieved
in this way include hyperlinks to related information in other databases
such as GDB and Swiss-Prot.
- Data submission instructions and submission tracking reports.
- On-line database updates forms. Corrections and updates to existing
entries can be requested directly from the Web server.
- Offsite User Registration. Users can register for read/write accounts
on the GSDB database through an on-line form.
- Access to all GSDB software and documentation for downloading and on-line
The SIGMA pages include:
- A hypertext, "guided tour" of SIGMA.
- Sample maps, including one of the human X chromosome.
- Access to the SIGMA software and documentation.
The National Center for Genome Resources
1800 Old Pecos Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505) 982-7690 fax
ncgr at ncgr.org