DIMACS Miniworkshop on Combinatorial Structures in Mol. Bio. - List of Speakers and Titles

bquigley at dimacs.rutgers.edu bquigley at dimacs.rutgers.edu
Wed Oct 19 14:34:18 EST 1994

	The following is a partial list of speakers and titles for the
miniworkshop on Combinatorial Structures in Molecular Biology to be held
at DIMACS (at Rutgers Univerisity) on November 4th.  A more complete and
detailed program will become available in a few days.

DIMACS Miniworkshop on Combinatorial Structures in Molecular Biology

	William H. E. Day
>Lecture Title: Characterizing Consensus Results for Molecular Sequences

	Dan Gusfield
>Lecture Title:  A Short Tour of Discrete Phenomena in Molecular Biology

	Timothy F. Havel
>Lecture Title:  Where the Discrete Meets the Continuous:
A Survey of Combinatorial Problems in Molecular Biology

	Sampath Kannan
>Lecture Title:	Modeling Noise in Distance-Based Phylogeny Reconstruction

	Valerie King
>Lecture Title:  Computing the nni distance between two trees: some observations

	Nathan Linial
>Lecture title: Clustering of protein sequences

	Stephen B. Maurer
>Lecture Title: A minimum cycle problem from bacterial DNA research

	F. R. McMorris
>Lecture Title: Taxonomic character compatibility analysis (AKA the perfect
phylogeny problem): some unfinished business

	Zevi Miller
>Lecture Title: Phylogeny and the Steiner Problem in the Hypercube

	Jarik Nesetril and Petr Pancoska
>Lecture Title: Graph theory in practical problems of protein folding
description

	Pavel Pevzner
>Lecture Title: Towards DNA Sequencing Chips

	David Sankoff
>Lecture Title: Topics on Tree Invariants

	Ron Shamir
>Lecture Title:  Bounded-width graphs and their applications to
molecular biology

	Temple Smith
>Lecture Title:  Challenges of Utilizing Structural Information in
Protein Function Identification

	Chi Wang
>Lecture Title: Probe Interval Graphs

	Michael S. Waterman
>Lecture Title:  Global Alignment Score Distributions:  What We Don't Know

	Peter M. Winkler
>Lecture Title:  Generating Random Genomes

	Michael Zuker
>Lecture Title: Algorithms and Unsolved Problems in RNA
Secondary Structure Prediction.