4th International Congress of Vertebrate Morphology
July 31 - August 4, 1994 Chicago
Registration Information and Call for Abstracts
Deadline for abstracts: December 1, 1993
Who may be submit an abstract: Each member of ICVM is entitled to submit
one abstract for presentation.
Fees: $150 before Dec. 1, $200 after Dec. 1
Plenary speakers: Sharon Emerson (USA), Jean-Pierre Gasc (France),
Louis Gillette Jr. (USA), Brian Hall (Canada), Peter Holland (UK).
1. Paleontological and neontological approaches to the
2. Vertebrate segmentation: mechanisms and evolution.
3. Teeth: homeoboxes to function.
4. Evolution of neural systems.
5. Design of musculoskeletal systems.
Organizers: Wim Weijs (Netherlands), Andrew Biewener (USA)
Speakers: R. McNeill Alexander (UK), Johan van Leeuwen (Netherlands),
Gerald Loeb (Canada), Sharon Swartz (USA), John Trotter (USA),
Mark Westneat (USA).
6. Integumentary specializations in aquatic vertebrates
7. Quantitative-genetic basis for vertebrate morphology.
8. Vertebrate morphology today: the many guises of the Phoenix.
Organizers: Linda Trueb (USA), Frits DeVree (Belgium)
Speakers: David Carrier (USA), P. Dullemeijer, H. de Jongh, G. Zweers
(Netherlands), Abbott Gaunt (USA), Bert Otten (Netherlands),
Steve Reilly (USA), Olivier Rieppel (USA)
1. Teaching comparative anatomy
2. Lancelets: a new look at old beasts
3. Three-dimensional morphometry
Information about ICVM organization, membership, and registration
forms can be obtained from:
Dr. Susan W. Herring
Dept. of Orthodontics
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
Phone: (206) 543-3203
Fax: (206) 685-8163
Email: herring at u.washington.edu