2ND and final CALL FOR VOTES: bionet.bionette

AJB at DLVH.DARESBURY.AC.UK AJB at DLVH.DARESBURY.AC.UK
Sat Aug 8 09:14:00 EST 1992

Re:	2ND and FINAL CALL FOR VOTES: bionet.bionette

There are two technical oversights associated with this posting. One
is from Dave's message regarding voting (text below)

>Voting on bionet.bionette will run through 23 August 1992.  Please
>send your vote to any of the following addresses:

>Address                               Location        Network
>-------                               --------        -------
>biovote at daresbury.ac.uk               U.K.            JANET
>biovote at genbank.bio.net               U.S.A.          Internet/BITNET
>biovote at irlearn.ucd.ie                Ireland         EARN/BITNET

>Your vote should contain a single line:

>YES on bionet.bionette

>if you favor creation of the newsgroup or

>NO on bionet.bionette

Do NOT send email votes to the IRLEARN address as this no longer exists
(probably :-). Instead, send all non-USA votes to biovote at daresbury.ac.uk

* [Note added by moderator (D.K.) - Actually the IRLEARN biovote address
* is supposed to be still operational and was working the last time I
* tested it prior to the virology vote.  To be safe I have sent off
* another test.  If you used the IRLEARN address and have any doubt
* about whether your vote got through, please feel free to recast your
* vote to biovote at daresbury.ac.uk.  We screen for duplicate votes prior
* to taking the final tally, so no harm will be done by trying again.]

I spotted a second non-related problem in a comment line in the local
email distribution (Europe, Africa, Asia). To send BIONEWS messages to
both NEWS and email at this side of the pond email bionews at daresbury
and not, as it mistakenly said, `biojobs' :-(    So, use biovote for
voting and bionews for announcements.

Rgds

Alan Bleasby
BIOSCI