Amplified Stethoscope

EARTODAY at aol.com EARTODAY at aol.com
Sun Feb 6 19:46:28 EST 2000

Has anyone ever seen a description or analysis of the sounds typically
listened to via a stethoscope?  What is the frequency content and intensity
of these sounds?  I am often at a loss in counselling physicians and nurses
about how their particular hearing losses interact with the sounds they
typically must listen to and use for diagnostic purposes.  Wonder about this
as a liability issue also - when do we inform  health practitioner that given
their losses, certain stethoscope tasks should not be performed for the
safety of the patient?  Angela Loavenbruck
---