brand name decibel ratings for common products

Kim Connolly skiNordic3 at aol.com
Sat May 8 20:24:39 EST 1999

Does anyone know where I might be able to find information on decibel
ratings of common consumer products? For example, I'd like to compare
various brands of hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, etc. by
decibel level. I've found information by group (the average hair dryer
oprates at about 70 dB, for example), but have not been able to find
comparisons between different models.

Thanks,
Kim Connolly