need some info

Dave & Kay listenup at texas.net
Sat Jun 5 00:05:58 EST 1999

>I'm not sure I'm in the right group but here goes.My grandson (2 yrs)
>is being fitted for hearing aids and we were wondering why they use
>ultrasound in the testing procedure.We're from Canada and have noticed
>cochlear implants are done at a very young age in the states.Any info
>on this whole new world would be appreciated.(Even directing us to the
>right group if we have the wrong one!)

Hi Carol. I'm the Webmistress from the Listen Up Web. I have a 12 year old
child who was born with a hearing loss. Due to frustrations in finding info
I needed to answer the many questions I had when I was just starting out on
this path, I started my web site. You'll find answers to many of your
questions there. Also, feel free to write to me and I'll be more than happy
to help you.

Kay Powell
listenup at texas.net
Listen Up Web