International symposium on UNHS and intervention

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at hctc.net
Wed Jun 2 23:40:15 EST 1999

 From ASHA Listserve....

> [...]
>an overview of the elements of care required to develop successful programs
>of newborn hearing screening, diagnosis, and intervention. Screening
>technologies and protocols, diagnostic assessment strategies, and
>amplification and intervention techniques will be discussed. Parents will
>provide their perspective on the process of early identification and
>intervention. This conference is intended for: pediatricians,
>otolaryngologists, neonatologists, family practitioners, parents and
>families, pediatric audiologists, audiologists, speech-language
>pathologists, teachers of the deaf, and health care administrators.
>The organizers warmly invite you to come to Milan and meet new colleagues
>and old friends in a region of rich and fascinating history and culture.
>

>CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
>
>The format of the conference includes invited presentations and keynote
>addresses, free communications, poster sessions, round table discussions,
>short courses, and seminars. Interested participants are encouraged to
>submit scientific and clinical papers and proposals for round table
>discussions, short courses, and seminars. An electronic version (e-mail or
>diskette) of the abstracts (max 300 words) must be sent for consideration
>by May 15, 2000 either to Dr. Ferdi Grandori (in Europe) or to Dr. Deborah
>Hayes (in the USA).
>

>TOPICS
>
>- Historical perspective on infant hearing programs
>- Impact of infant hearing programs on public health
>- Infrastructure supporting infant hearing programs
>- Techniques for infant hearing screening
>- Audiologic evaluation of infants
>- Medical/otologic diagnosis of infants
>- Genetics of hearing loss
>- Amplification for infants
>- Cochlear implants for very young children
>- Early intervention for infants with hearing loss
>- Language, cognition and deafness
>

>INTERNATIONAL FACULTY
>
>Stig Arlinger
>John Bamford
>Patrick E. Brookhouser
>Marion Downs
>Thomas Lenarz
>Mark E. Lutman
>Robert F. Mueller
>Patricia G. Stelmachowicz
>Betty R. Vohr
>Virginia Volterra
>Christine Yoshinaga-Itano
>

>REGISTRATION FEES
>
>300 EUROs (approx. $330) before June 30, 2000
>370 EUROs (approx. $405) after June 30, 2000
>
>include:
>
>- Access to scientific sessions
>- Access to exhibits
>- Book of conference abstracts
>- Conference lunches and coffee-breaks
>- Certificate of attendance
>
>Simultaneous translation to and from the most common languages shall be
>available if required by a sufficient number of participants.
>

>PROVISIONAL STEERING COMMITTEE
>
>Ferda Akdas (Turkey), Gian Carlo Cianfrone (Italy), René Dauman (France),
Adrian Davis (United Kingdom), Terese Finitzo (USA), Sandra Gabbard (USA),
Judith S. Gravel (USA), James W Hall III (USA), Tapani Jauhiainen
(Finland), Niels J. Johnsen (Denmark), José Madeira da Silva (Portugal),
Jaime Marco Algarra (Spain), Alessandro Martini (Italy), Noel Matkin (USA),
Albert Mehl (USA), Manuel Moro (Spain), Jerry Northern (USA), Frans E.
Offeciers (Belgium), Agnete Parving (Denmark), Jarka Prihodova (Czech
Republic), Rudolf Probst (Switzerland), Joseph Pytel  (Hungary), Kathrine
Schorn (Germany), Heinrich Skarzynski (Poland), George Tavartkiladze
(Russia), Michail Tsakanikos (Greece), Ingrida Uloziene (Lithuania),
Kunigunde Welzl-Müller (Austria), Karl White (USA). Coordinator: Paolo
Ravazzani (Italy)

>INFORMATION
>
>In Europe contact:
>
>Dr. Ferdinando Grandori, Center of Biomedical Engineering, Polytechnic of
Milan, piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, I-20133 Milan (Italy);
Fax:+39.02.2399.3367; E-mail: NHS2000 at biomed.polimi.it

>In the USA contact:
>
>Dr. Deborah Hayes, The Children's Hospital, 1056 East 19th Ave.; B030,
Denver, CO 80218, Phone: +1(303) 861.6424; Fax: +1(303) 764.8220; E-mail:
Hayes.deborah at tchden.org

>ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
>
>In Milan:
>Sharon Scagnetti, Paolo Ravazzani, Gabriella Tognola; Phone:
>+39.02.2399.3345 / .3344; Fax: +39.02.2399.3367 / .3360; E-mail:
>NHS2000 at biomed.polimi.it
>
>In Denver:
>Susan Dreith, Lisa Rider, Rebecca Mervine; Phone: +1(303) 861.6800; Fax:
1(303) 764.8220

>IMPORTANT DATES
>
>Abstracts submission: May 15, 2000
>Notification of acceptance: June 7, 2000
>Registration and accommodation: June 30, 2000
>
>Further details will be provided in winter 1999.
>
>http://www.biomed.polimi.it/NHS2000

>Feedback
>
>Yes, I am interested in attending. Please send me more information.
>
>First Name
>Surname
>Address
>Postal Code and City
>State/Country
>Telephone
>Fax
>E-mail
>

>I am interested in submitting an abstract in the following subject area:
>- newborn screening
>- audiologic diagnosis
>- genetics of hearing loss
>- clinical program description
>- hearing aids/amplification for infants
>- otologic diagnosis
>
>I am interested in organizing a Round Table Discussion, a Seminar or a
>Short Course:

* Jeffrey Sirianni, M.A., CCC-A, FAAA             *
* Guy Griggs Professional Building                *