HA's, T-Coils, and Cellular Phones

Austin C. Black audboy at home.com
Fri Jul 16 11:31:47 EST 1999

> He has tried to use the phone in the microphone position.  The hearing aid
> microphone shuts down when the phone gets close to it

I've experienced troubles with cellular phones as well....with my phonak's i
get buzzing distortion when i use several different types....one didn't,
though i can't recall which company it was....

at AAA in miami, one of the siemens reps was telling me that they were
supposed to be coming out (right about now, actually) with a digital cell
phone that works with all hearing aids....

i would imagine that other companies will soon follow ...
seems like this problem is closer to getting solved....
austin black