High Frequency Hearing Aid

Karen Pullar KP at Oticon.co.nz
Fri Jul 16 11:31:40 EST 1999

I was surprised to receive this mail today as I thought this discussion
group was free of advertising!

Karen Pullar
Oticon New Zealand Limited
P O Box 9128, Wellington, NEW ZEALAND
Tel      +64 4 473 3330 (Free 0800 OTICON - 0800 684 266)
Fax     +64 4 473 4440 (Free 0800 OTICON - 0800 684 266)
Mobile +64 21 647 330
kp at oticon.co.nz

-----Original Message-----
From: highintensity11 at yahoo.com [mailto:highintensity11 at yahoo.com]
Sent: 15 July 1999 10:54
To: audiolog at net.bio.net
Subject: Re: High Frequency Hearing Aid

Check out the new Product from GN ReSound. It is made for this type of
impairment. It is called the Avance. www.resound.com . See the article below

Regards,
Brett A. Greenberg
GN ReSound
800-432-7835

RESOUND CORPORATION ANNOUNCES INITIAL LAUNCH OF THE RESOUND. AVANCET HEARING
ENHANCER

REDWOOD CITY, CALIFORNIA - November 10, 1998 - ReSound Corporation (NASDAQ:
RSND), a world leading provider of innovative hearing solutions, today
announced the initial launch of the ReSound. Avance,T a revolutionary
hearing enhancer for people with mild hearing impairment. Taking advantage
of ReSound's expertise in advanced processing technology, the Avance is a
virtually invisible device and provides an inexpensive, easy-to-fit solution
for situational hearing difficulties. The Avance will be available in select
U.S. cities, the United Kingdom and Hong Kong in the fourth quarter of 1998,
with a global rollout in the first half of 1999.

"The Avance was specifically developed for people with mild hearing
impairment, such as the growing baby boomer generation who may just
beginning to experience situational hearing difficulties and also be
reluctant to obtain a hearing device," said ReSound President and CEO
Russell D. Hays. "Because this product is technologically superior, is
non-occlusive and has an attractive cost structure, we believe it will
penetrate the large and currently untapped portion of the existing hearing
health care market.

According to research conducted by Frost & Sullivan, it is estimated that
approximately ten percent of the population in industrialized countries
suffers from a hearing loss, with a third of the cases having mild hearing
impairment. The least penetration is in the mild hearing loss segment due
primarily to device cosmetics and social stigma.

The Avance provides hearing enhancement in environments such as restaurants,
business meetings, or the movie theatre, and is ideal for people whose
hearing loss does not warrant full-time use of a hearing device. Like all
ReSound hearing devices, the advanced sound processing technology
incorporated into the Avance means exceptional sound quality.

ReSound Corporation is a hearing health care and human communications
company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets technologically
advanced hearing devices throughout the world. This news release contains
forward looking statements, based on current expectations, that involve
risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results to differ
materially. These statements are identified by the use of words such as
"anticipate" and "believe." These risks and uncertainties include the
technological risks and uncertainties inherent in the development process,
which could cause the termination of the development effort, delay of the
product's roll out, or significantly decrease the product's originally
anticipated level of customer acceptance. Also, it cannot be assumed in any
event that a new product will attain the anticipated level of customer
acceptance, or that competitors will not introduce their own new products
that will be better received in the marketplace.