Internet Resources in Audiology

Amyn M. Amlani a_amlani at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 14:25:32 EST 1998

As we all know, the internet has become a medium for a wealth of
information.  Unfortunately, though, the information is somewhat
scattered and can be time consuming to obtain.  Well, that has all
changed...

About a year ago, I created a personal website.  Over time, I have
gathered a number of URLs and created others pages that are all  related
to the profession of audiology.  The site consists of four primary
pages:

The Professional Links Page is a collection of URLs that allow the
practitioner and researcher to appreciate every facet of the profession
>From basic anatomy & physiology and hearing aid fittings to neuroscience
and auditory perception.

The Patient Links Page (PCP) has been developed so that Patients,
Consumers, and Parents (hence, the acronym PCP) can obtain information
related to audiology, otolaryngology, hearing loss, amplification,
disability laws/rights, etc.

The Personal Links Page includes pages that are specifically related to
to the selection and fitting of hearing aids. You'll find such topics as
the REIG linear prescriptive methods, how to calculate individual RECDs,
and the advantages of binaural amplification.

The Research Corner is a page that was created to make the research
process easier. This is the place to find URLs to online databases
(i.e., Medline, ERIC, etc.) and agencies responsible for giving grants
and funding.

I hope that you will take the time to look around.  If time is an issue
(as it generally can be), I hope that you will keep Internet Resources
in Audiology in mind... I am almost certain that the site has what you
are looking for.

Sincerely yours,

Amyn M. Amlani
Doctoral Student (Ph.D.) - Audiology
Michigan State University
Department of Audiology & Speech Sciences
amlani at hotmail.com or a_amlani at intplsrv.net
http://www.intplsrv.net/amlani