Au.D... Is it necessary?

CharlesHarney CharlieHarney at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 4 09:03:41 EST 1998

After 6 papers and one slide presentation for the Pharmacology class I
was asking that same question. Then it was electrophysiology with
Charles Berlin, a wonderful teacher, and statistics and research design
with Dr. Hamill which I found myself enjoying very much (and I know
nothing about math but it was a class that was never dull, except for
the last 2 hours of 4 straight days).  Will this help me to get a job?
Yes, and to keep it. At this time I am an owner but at the age of 51
it's time for a change and I am looking forward to getting the degree
and finding a nice university in the South to spend the next 15 years.
The Au.D. can make that possible.  Every situation is different. But
what if 20 years from now you have a masters degree and want to change
your life but stay in the field. Then you find that there are alot of
40-50y/o with Au.D. degrees. Makes you think, doesn't it.

Charlie Harney