Widex Senso Pricing

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Fri Sep 26 23:56:17 EST 1997

jbell at barint.on.ca writes:

>I'll take credit for stirring this controversey. See my previous posts for info on
>my Canadian Sensos..Cost C$1050 each about $750US..my dispensing C$325. or 30% of
>the aid cost. So whats your dispensing cost? If users in the US are paying $2900
>for an aid that ahearing-aid sells for $1200US its pretty easy to calculate. So
>lets put the problem where it belongs and not on Widex. And yes the government
>will pay $260 of my cost and my med insurance will pay $1000 just as your HMO's
>will but these are at arms length from the dispensing so are no justification for
>jacking up the prices. So bottom line the Danish saga is just another red herring.

I've asked you once (nicely) to keep pricing out of the newsgroup per instructions
from the financial and technical sponsors of this realm (not newsgroup, but realm).

I have a question for you... Are you one of those people who complain about the prices
of services rendered by professionals?  Doctor cleaned your ears? $85 for that ?  Lawyer
helped you with something? $500 for that?  Medical prefessionals who fit and adjust hearing
aids are just that, medical professionals, who have spent years paying tuition to universities,
sitting in classrooms, and should be paid for services rendered just like doctors and
lawyers.  If you choose an audiologist, fine, a hearing aid dealer, fine.  They are all
medical professionals who take on the responsibility of providing you medical care and
should be paid to do so.  If you don't like it, go buy a mail order hearing aid.