Digital Comparisons

gandalf at aud.org gandalf at aud.org
Thu Sep 11 22:28:11 EST 1997

>I'd appreciate any experiences that you might have to share on the
>differences between the Oticon Digifocus and the Widex Senso. The Widex
>has 3 setable ranges, the Digifocus has 7. The Widex has one speech
>processor, the Digifocus has 2. The Widex seems to be programmable with
>a simple box, the Digifocus needs a Noah. Are any of these differences
>significant enough to guide my choice between the two or  are they just
>marketing hype ?  I am currently testing Senso's and would like some
>more expert advice before making my decision.

Interestingly ,in comparison, the Philips D72 digital has virtually an endless
setable range across the auditory spectrum, along with four different
paradigms. I have fit a lot of Sensos, and the patients love 'em.  I have fit the
Philips D72 on physicians because they like to have the personal programmer
to play with, and the ability to have four completely different hearing aids
in one case, changeable with just the flick of a button. Older folks, I have
found, are reluctant to have the hand held programmer,  as they tend to fear
too much high tech equipment, and usually opt for the extremely simple-to-wear
Senso.

I have not fit the DigiFocus, though.

Michael Ridenhour