Squealing hearing aids - in public

Max-2000 access at gate.net
Tue Oct 14 02:29:15 EST 1997

 My wife had to increase the volume on her ITC hearing aid, but it started
to squealing and she can't hear that tone,so it would go on for sometime
until I would hear it.
The main problem is that I believe that the hi pitch sound will cause damage
to her ear because it acts like an ultrasonic cleaner and with this I think
it would blast apart the fragile parts of the inter ear. and after a few
weeks of this she now has an additional 30% loss and is wearing a BTE
hearing aid.
If any one can confirm my suspicions please let me know.
send e-mail to cadtools at gate.net

Paul H. Saluk wrote in article <61tul5$8cg at camel12.mindspring.com>...