STOP POSTING PRICING!

fjp p2 at media.mit.edu
Tue Oct 7 09:49:32 EST 1997

Thanks, Dan, you've said it as clearly and concisely as I ever could
have hoped to.

I stand by my earlier statement:

If an industry cannot stand by their products and be forthcoming and
honest about their pricing policies, they should not be trusted with
providing a very expensive, important product to their customers.

I, for one, would never buy a hearing aid from someone who cannot be
forthcoming and honest with their prices.

Kimberly, if your own pricing can be used against you, doesn't that tell
you something about the way you do business?  Perhaps you should lower
your prices, or come up with innovative ways to reduce cost while
providing the same (or better) quality?  Why should the consumer have to
pay top dollar for *your* services?  If your services are truly
superior, the customers should, and will, know that, and will come in
droves.

Audiologists are providing a *service* to their customers, who deserve
upfront, honest pricing policies.  It's bad enough to have to need a
hearing aid, and it's even worse to be overcharged.

Dan, you're the kind of guy I'd want on my team.