digital hearing aids

David Taylor dtaylor at ROHAN.SDSU.EDU
Sat May 31 17:22:34 EST 1997

Paul Dybala (dybala at utdallas.edu) wrote:

<italic>Widex has been talking about how the new senso reduces
background noise but I have not seen any research to prove it or even a
general explanation of how the hearing aid does this besides this
steady state noise vs fluctuating speech argument that I have seen
before with the zeta noise blocker.</italic>

Paul, <underline>The Hearing Journal</underline> (Vol 49 No 4, April
96) has an explanation of how the Senso works.  You may also want to
read the article by Mike Hall and Robert Sandlin in the May 97 issue of
<underline>The Hearing Journal</underline>.  It provides results from a
clinical study comparing the Senso with digitally programmable analog
instruments.

Paul also wrote:

<italic>Frankly, when the audiologist who is the rep for widex came by
to demonstrate the senso at our facility all he/she had to say was "I
don't know how it reduces background noise, it just does it."</italic>

I would also recommend the same articles to the Widex rep...

David A. Taylor

audiology graduate student

San Diego State University