CAPD info and help

Kim and Thom O'Hara tkohara at mcn.net
Tue May 20 17:37:40 EST 1997

Hi,

Hope I'm in the right group here.  My daughter was just diagnosed with
central auditory processing disorder, by the school's speech
pathologist.  We have not yet had an audiologist screen her more
completely.

Questions I have:

1.  Are there different levels of severity of CAPD?

2.  What kind of treatment or help will she need?

3.  What is the long term outlook for her?

4.  What is the school's responssibility here?  For example, when I
requested that an audiologist do further testing, I was referred to an
audiologist and told my health insurance should cover it.  Shouldn't the
school help with this?

If you can help,please e-mail me directly.  I appreciate any info you
can provide.

Thanks again.

Kim