CIC HEARING AID INFO.

Eric J Stenersen, BC-HIS ejsbchis at noln.com
Sat May 3 04:58:12 EST 1997

Jeffrey Sirianni wrote:

> From personal email message... For open discussion....
>
> >Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:31:49 -0700
> >From: Hugo Calderone <hondo at apc.net>
> >To: audioman at HCTC.net
> >Subject: CIC HEARING AID INFO.
> >
> >Jeff, read some of your papers on the WWW. Need info. on the top 2
> >manufacturers of CIC programmable aids. Can you pass on helpful
> >companies to research? Plus, heard of Siemens Music but the price
> >floored me. Anyway to avoid excessive pricing? I reside in Orange County
> >California.
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >hugo
>
> Hugo,
>
> I have not had that much experience wiith different manufacturers
> of programmable CIC devices.  My experience has been with the Starkey
> Sequel Programmable CIC devices.  I have had successful fittings with
> persons having steep high frequency hearing losses and several others
> with unilateral hearing loss following mastoidectomy surgery.  I
> personally like the ability to manipulate 6 parameters (low-cut,
> high-cut, compression ratio, compression threshold kneepoint, and
> output, and gain).  All of these parameter adjustments make fitting
> CIC's much easier than simply adjusting gain via a manual volume
> control.  If you are in the CIC market, I would definitely look toward
> a programmable device with several parameter adjustments programmed
> electronically.
>
> Could someone please add comments and information on the Siemens Music
> device as I would like to know more about it.
>
> Jeff

> * Jeff Sirianni, M.A., CCC-A                      *
> * Sound Advice / R.G. Delaney, M.D.               *
> * 710 Water Street / Suite 404                    *
> * Kerrville, TX  78028                            *
> *                                                 *
> * (210) 896-1433                                  *
> * (210) 896-1440 FAX                              *
> *                                                 *
> * audioman at hctc.net                               *
> *                                                 *
> * Discussion Leader of bionet.audiology Newsgroup *
The Siemens "MUSIC" programmable line of hearing aids can be programmed
with a PC Interface or with a hand-held,portable programmer. Most of the
parameters of the Sequel are available in the Music line as well.
To me, Siemens has always had a high quality product. I use quite a few
of their BTE's in my business.

Eric J Stenersen, BC-HIS
Pocono Mountain Hearing Aid Service
615 Main St.