SPAM in the Newsgroup

Jeffrey Sirianni audioman at HCTC.NET
Wed Jun 25 03:12:35 EST 1997

Greeting Bionet.Audiology Folks,

I recently received email from participants who are sick of the spam posts
pertaining to child pornography and psychic helplines in the newsgroup.
The problem has recently gotten very bad and I do not see it getting any
better with the proliferation of bulk email software and services.

Susan Moreland and I have opened a discussion among ourselves to tackle
this problem and we would encourage anyone with input or suggestions to
send personal email to us.  We are considering going to a "moderated"
format to filter out any non-related posts, especially bulk solicitation.

Please excuse the junk for now and try to resist leaving the group because
of the spam.

Thanks...

Jeff

Jeff Sirianni  <audioman at hctc.net>