HOW TO UNDERSTAND DIFFERENT IMPEDANCE RATES?!!!

God god at almighty.com
Sun Jun 8 00:42:11 EST 1997

>>John Fields is absolutely correct in this respect and hit it right on
>>the money. If you consider sensitivity to mean SPL as a function of
>>voltage, then the original theory is correct: the higher impedance
>>speaker would produce lower SPL at a given voltage. However,
>>sensitivity generally refers to SPL as a function of power. As John
>>Fields said, if the efficiency (dB @ 1W, 1m)
>
>You can't be god, because that is wrong. Efficiency relates power in and
>*power* out. SPL is not power.

Apparently, you are a little disgruntled because you incorrectly
identified a petitio principii. Not that this in particular makes your
most recent assertion incorrect.

But let me quote you:
"If the reference efficiency, ho, is unknown, it can be accurately
calculated from the sensitivity if the sensitivity is referenced to 1
watt." -- JBL Speaker Shop help file
Essentially, sensitivity and efficiency say the same thing; it's just
a difference in derived units.

As an aside, you quoted the wrong passage from my post. If you note, I
don't even use the word "efficiency" in the excerpt you selected.
However, I extended you the courtesy of looking back to my original
message to understand what you were referring to.