Sudden Hearing Loss

saphrite mgall at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Thu Jan 16 17:03:55 EST 1997

Thank you for all the E-mail
I received about the possible treatments for Sudden Hearing Loss.  They
were all very helpful, but if no one minds, I'd like to give you all a
little more information in case any of you can help me, because we are
all really at a loss for what to do.  Once again, my father is under 50,
he has diabetes (He is losing his vision also) and two weeks ago he lost
his hearing completely in one ear. and partially in the other (Higher
frequency - girls' voices).  At the same time he experienced dizziness so
that he could not sitt up, so he did not go to a doctor right away.  Whan
the dizziness passed (2-3 days)  he saw the doctor and was put on a
steroid treatment (It didn't work).  Now he is on diaside (?) and anpther
drug.  He has seen an ENT but he dosn't know all that much about this
sort of thing.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Or know of any
alternative treatments, or places to go for consultations (ANYWHERE), or
if there is any chance of him regaining his hearing after two weeks?

ANY answers at are would be greatly appreciated, because we really do not
know what to do.  Thank you all.

--Melissa Gall

mgall at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca