hearing aids

Eric J Stenersen, BC-HIS ejsbchis at noln.com
Fri Feb 28 06:54:55 EST 1997

orgenm at juno.com wrote:

>  I'm trying to determine the relative benefits of different
>   makes of hearing aids:
>
>   Are Telex completely-in-the-canal devices as good as
>   Starkey CIC's? Are they (technologically) similar, or is
>   one of them more "state-of-the-art"?
>
>   I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with
>   or knowledge of either one of them.

>       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet
HEARING AIDS ARE MADE FROM COMPONENTS MADE BY 2-3 SUPPLIERS WORLDWIDE!
I have worked in the hearing aid industry for almost 20 years. I am now
a board certified dispenser. The manufacturer of the instrument is not
nearly important as the dispenser/audiologist that is giving the test,
interpreting the results of the test, taking an accurate impression of
the ear and choosing the correct instrument for the person's lifestyle.
Example: a dispenser who chooses a CIC for a frail 90 year old person
with poor manual dexterity is probably interested more in their PROFIT
then they are with ease of use and patient benefit.

Have a nice day,

Eric J Stenersen, BC-HIS

visit the hearing help page at

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/4119

a non commercial page dedicated to the deaf and hard of hearing