Auditory Processing Deficit

jbell at barint.on.ca jbell at barint.on.ca
Thu Aug 21 22:40:40 EST 1997

Ronald Blue wrote:

> Not an easy question.  Consider a radio viberating under the forearm and
> listening to the same station normally.  If Correlational Opponent-Processing
> model is correct you should have some improvement.
> As far as I know there are no hearing aids using this procedure, nor
> any research to support the idea.
> Ron Blue
> COP theory at http://www.neutronicstechcorp.com at Enticy Press.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> ----------

This sounds(!) a lot like my normal problem with hearing aids which
amplify noise to the point that it competes with the conversations I am
trying to hear so I cannot hear them.. for examples parties, bars or
talking in a car. BUT after 25 years of noise I have just found
digital.. in my case SENSO's by WIDEX which are smart enough thanks to
their pentium power chip to filter out the noise and leave the voice
which I can now easily hear... how good are they?? Well howabout at
140kph with all the windows open, the roof open, the radio on and I have
a normal conversation with my wife!! My wife says its the first normal
(!) conversation with me in years.. and I didn't keep saying eh! Hope
that helps!