What They Didn't Tell Me In Grad School (formerly " Are Audiologists Generous?" )

Sandra and Dan Hobson danhobson at netins.net
Thu Aug 21 00:17:25 EST 1997

I was privileged to serve on a NEWBORN SCREENING Committee through the
Dept. of Public Health about a year ago.  It was a great experience working
with doctors, public health officials, Educational audiologists, a
University Audiology Professor, nurses, parents of hearing impaired kids.

When it finally came down to putting numbers on paper, a $30,000/yr.
salaried position would mean approximately $80K to $85K had to be budgeted
to include benefits, taxes, unemployment, office space, lights, pens/paper,
mileage, etc. for one person to be hired.

Just thought I'd share this.   Smile,    Sandra Hobson