Auditory Processing Deficit

Sheryl Ann Sheryl_Koenigsberg at brown.edu
Wed Aug 20 15:34:28 EST 1997

Just last night I was diagnosed with an auditory processing deficit.
My problems emerge when I have to decipher speech with background
noise or competing conversation at the same time.  My audiologist
suggested many strategies to compensate for the problem, which seem
helpful, but I am interested in hearing (!) about any therapies that
exist to help "teach" my neurological system to "hear better."

Thanks!

Sheryl