Are Audiologists Ethnocentric?

RSiegel663 rsiegel663 at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 20:14:21 EST 1997

>Subject: Re: Are Audiologists Ethnocentric?
>From: "Sandra and Dan Hobson" <danhobson at netins.net>
>Date: 11 Aug 1997 03:16:39 GMT
>
>As to CFY's needing to be taken wing that's all fine and good ...but when
>talk to  some and they are demanding 30K, plus benefits and vacation etc.
>to start. Being self-employed I can't guarantee that... show me that you
>can earn it by closing the sale, and doing what it takes in private
>practice.  I have heard of others turning down a position in a small ENT
>practice because they don't want to do any "grunt" work of learning to
fill
>in and doing what it takes for a small business to survive.
>
>Growing up on a farm I learnt that if you see something needing to be
done,
>do it.  Pitch in and work as a team.  Which is something lacking in the
>graduate work experience in audiology, it's not just testing and reports
>and counseling of patients.  It's also learning how to get paid for one's
>work and finding ways to make it happen.
>
>Most doctors are not trained as Small Business Experts either, but if
they
>want to develop their own private practice...they do want it takes to
learn
>that and build a team working towards a common goal to provide a service
>and get paid for it..."The American Dream" as you will....
>
>Smile...
>Sandra Hobson, 20 years as an audiologist with the last 5 in Private
>Practice... struggling to meet every challenge along the way!

Three cheers!  I couldn't have said it better myself.  ... as I once said
to someone who wanted a straight salary rather than base plus
commission...
When you are on base plus and business is good you do very well......
when business is bad , you survive
this is similar to my position as owner of the practice.

with a straight salary ... when business is good you get your paycheck.

When business is bad ........ you get fired! who can afford to pay you?

Sandra hang in there and keep up the good work

Bob
Robert B. Siegel M.S. CCC-A, BC-HIS
Family Hearing Centers
2001 Lincoln Dr W.   Suite E