Deep Canal Aids

Gary Gams Higgins at DEDOT.COM
Sat Sep 7 19:13:29 EST 1996

Were you advised because you wanted a small "almost invisible"
instrument or were you told it would do a better job?...For many the aid
works well and allows for better ability to hear on the phone as well as
benefiting from more of the ears natural ability to collect sound...My
experience has been mixed...Some find them uncomfortable due to the
deeper fit or find that they move quite a bit when eating or just
talking...I find they also seem to have more problems then most and
would see if you could get at least 2 if not 3 years of warranty...Those
who like them really LOVE them...On the other hand we have many fine
instruments on the market today and you should be sure you'll have the
opportunity to try them should a CIC fail...As to the question of 2
instruments we now know that most do better with 2 aids...Remember we
hear with our brains and the more information we can get the better
you'll do...But nothing is for sure and examine all possibilities...The
process is not perfect and requires a team effort...You, your Dispenser
and your family will all be a part of the process...So enjoy the
adventure...My personal feeling is that for an instrument to be right it
should improve the quality of your life 70% to 80% of the time...The
other 20% is still beyond us...But were getting better all the time...GG