"baby's cry" alerting device

Lee VanMiddlesworth lvm1 at erols.com
Sat Oct 26 18:33:36 EST 1996

Charles Michel wrote:

> Can anyone "out there" recommend a device for alerting a deaf mom and dad
> when their baby cries?  I have read about the ones available from
> Hal-Hen, but I have never ordered such a device.  Any input or replies
> wil be useful.
>
> Thanks
> Diana Sowers, M.S., CFA
> Positive Results Therapies

Hi Diana,

I might be able to help you.  I work at Gallaudet's Assistive Devices
Center and have used such devices.  You might want to call two places.
First, call George Elwell at Silent Call.  He has a really nice system
called the Coordinator which can be used not only for the baby cry but
for the phone, etc. etc.  It also has a body worn pager.  His number is
800-572-5227. He also does custom work.  Also, be sure to try HARC at
800-445-9968.  The contact is Joyce Thorsom.  If you need to respond,
please respond to me directly at CLCompton at email.gc.cuny.edu.

Good luck!

Cindy Compton