Online sites for Hearing Impaired

Cynthia Hurtig churtig at planet.eon.net
Sun Oct 13 19:02:29 EST 1996

David Coffin wrote:

> Does anyone have addresses of web sites for hearing impaired, especially
> children?  I have a 5 y/o pt with recently discovered hearing loss who is
> extremely computer literate.  His parents would love to find on-line sites
> for support.
>
> Thanks,
> David

A good place for your 5 y/o pt to start is:

HiPMag Online: Cool Online Magazine for Kids
http://www.hipmag.org/

There are other sites (eg. there's quite a few good images of the ear.)
I've checked a lot of www sites and resources for a future web page.
But many of them will be more interesting and relevant for adults than
for children.  But I'd be happy to send other suggestions. Send me an
email, if you want more.
Best regards.

Cynthia Hurtig, M.Cl.Sc., CCC-A
Consulting & Clinical Audiologist